Our school is in Selling, a small village situated between the historic market town of Faversham and Sheldwich in Kent. We are lucky to be surrounded by orchards and beautiful views of The Downs and we are very proud of our school.
Our staff and pupils share a strong belief in the values and ethos of the school and we are all proud to be part of it. Selling C of E Primary School is part of Our Community Multi Academy Trust which means we are able to share expertise with our other schools in the Academy including best practice and resources, allowing us to raise achievement and standards throughout the school.
Our School Vision Statement:
Our nurturing and inclusive school follows Jesus’ example by knowing and celebrating every individual and serving our local community. Our holistic, rich and exciting learning experience promotes reflection and challenge through exploration and questioning, enabling all to flourish and grow to become outward looking, respectful and compassionate citizens of the world.
The aims of our school:
- For children to enjoy school and learning;
- For children to develop a moral sense of responsibility and self-discipline;
- To work closely with children and parents in the pursuit of the highest standards;
- To develop children’s own strategies for learning and improving;
- To deliver a broad and balanced curriculum that reflects the needs of our children;
- To encourage all members of our school to develop their personal understanding of Christianity and Christian Values by daily collective worship, example and teaching
- To further develop our close links with our local church and community.
We aim to teach our values throughout the curriculum and as part of our everyday school lives.
Although we promote and celebrate all the Christian values, our core value is compassion which is reflected in our vision statement and our school strapline.
Selling C of E Primary is a friendly and happy place where all children enjoy learning and can achieve great things.
A website can only give you a snapshot of our school. To get a clearer picture, visits from prospective parents are welcomed. Please contact our school office to make an appointment. We look forward to meeting you.
Mrs Madeleine Gower, Headteacher