Following the easing of restrictions for the COVID-19 pandemic, Selling CEP adheres to the latest government guidance which can be found here.
Following notification of a positive case we will follow the guidance. Please see below a user friendly flow chart to support.
Individuals are not required to self-isolate if they live in the same household as someone with COVID-19, or are a close contact of someone with COVID-19, and any of the following apply:
- they are fully vaccinated
- they are below the age of 18 years and 6 months
- they have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
- they are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
Instead, they will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace, informed they have been in close contact with a positive case and advised to take a PCR test. We would encourage all individuals to take a PCR test if advised to do so.
Staff who do not need to isolate, and children and young people aged under 18 years 6 months who usually attend school, and have been identified as a close contact, should continue to attend school as normal. They do not need to wear a face covering within the school, but it is expected and recommended that these are worn when travelling on public or dedicated transport.
In order to ensure that learning is continued, irrespective of self-isolation, we have developed a remote learning plan. This plan offers remote learning opportunities using digital media.
This plan will be applied in the following instances:
- An individual is self-isolating due to a positive PCR
- An individual has tested positive on a LFD and is awaiting the outcome of a PCR
- In the event of any form of isolation and loss of learning caused by Coronavirus, parents must understand that engagement in home learning is compulsory, as is the expectation that Selling CEP school makes that provision available and accessible to all. However, if children themselves are too ill to attend then they should not be expected to engage in home learning.
Parents and children need to ensure they have logins and passwords for Tapestry and Microsoft Teams. Please do contact the school office if you require these log-in's - these can be resent at parent’s request. Other resources used will be free and accessible to all.